Calgary Mailroom Reduced Hours - April 7, 2020 @ 9:00 am
Beginning the week of April 13, the Alberta Energy Regulator’s mailroom in Calgary will be open on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. only until further notice.
Core Research Centre Reduced Hours - April 2, 2020 @ 9:30 am
Beginning Tuesday, April 7, the Core Research Centre (CRC) will be open on Tuesdays and Thursdays, by appointment only, until further notice.
To book an appointment, email CRC.Servicedesk@aer.ca.
- When booking an appointment, please state the reason for your visit and the number of people in your party (mass gathering restrictions apply).
- There are two time slots available per day; 8 a.m. to noon, and 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please state your preferred time slot, and CRC staff will do their best to accommodate your request.
- Only those with a confirmed appointment will have access to the CRC.
If you, or anyone in your party is feeling ill, experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have recently traveled outside of Canada, please cancel your appointment.
Expense Disclosures Delay - March 31, 2020 @ 11:00 am
Due to COVID-19, the AER's April expense disclosures for the period of February 2020 - March 2020 have been temporarily delayed.
AER response to COVID-19 - March 17, 2020 @ 3:30 pm
As the situation around COVID-19 continues to evolve, the AER is taking steps to protect our staff and stakeholders, while continuing our work to deliver on our mandate. This includes making decisions on applications, enforcing our requirements, and responding to energy-related incidents across Alberta. Effective immediately:
- All AER offices remain open. However, AER staff are encouraged to work from home, where possible.
- Meetings with stakeholders will be held virtually, instead of in-person.
- The AER will continue to respond to energy-related incidents 24-hours a day.
- Oral portions of AER hearings will not be held. We are reviewing our current and future adjudicative functions to ensure they remain fair and transparent, while protecting the health of everyone involved.
- Our Customer Contact Centre will continue to respond to inquires.
The AER will continue to monitor and provide updates as the situation evolves.